Wednesday, January 6, 2010

MB's Rehearsal Dinner

Tensions were high at Maribeth's rehearsal dinner. Everyone was anxious for the big day. Practicing of how things were going to go down at the ceremony was weird - I've never attended a Catholic wedding, and quickly learned that they did things very differently. I wasn't exactly sure who I was bowing too, or why Jesus looked so ghastly (well, I know why, but really? I don't wanna look at that...) but other than practicing how quickly I was going to walk down the isle, it was pretty standard. I tried to crack a few jokes to lighten the mood... And by that I mean I kept pretending it was Jesus talking over the loud speaker. I got partnered with Uncle John - easily the best groomsman! I made sure he had a tight grip on my arm so I wouldn't eat it as I was walking down the isle...

The dinner itself was held at Maribeth's parents house. The food was delicious - there was even a slideshow put together by Christina containing old photos of MB and Kevin. Maribeth and Kevin thanked everyone and gave their little speeches. I felt really honored to be sitting there alongside Maribeth and her closest friends and family. :) She's an awesome friend, and I'm so happy for her!
The bride and her maids
Erin, Lauren, Katie, Maribeth, Christina, and me


In front of the Bonfils' Christmas tree

Katie, Lauren, and me

Katie... what a wino.

Maribeth and I

No comments:

Post a Comment