On August 27th and 28th, Beth Moore came to the Richmond Coliseum. Beth Moore is an evangelist speaker. She has written numerous books and Bible studies. She is from Texas, so she has that southern accent and it a spitball of fire! She is awesome! I highly recommend any/all of her books. I went to the conference with my friend Heather - we both had an amazing time!
Before the conference, I took Heather to The Hill Cafe. Our food was amazing, but not as good as the wine and dessert :) And definitely not as good as the conversation. Heather lives up in NoVa, so it was really good to catch up with her at dinner. We were both so excited to get to the conference though!
The conference was about the first chapter in the Gospel of John. The Gospel of John is very unique compared to the other Gospels. The word "believe" or a version of it is used 98 times in the Gospel of John, whereas in Matthew it is used 14 times, 11 times in Mark, and ? times in Luke (I can't quite remember the exact number.) But you get the point, BELIEVING is huge in John.
"Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name." - John 20:30-31
To believe is to receive. They are synonymous in the Gospel of John. We do not believe something until we receive it. We don't have abundant life until we have abundant belief. This conference was beyond awesome. I am so glad I attended it. An ember away from the fire won't burn long... this conference revived me!
We got there a little late, and were in the nose bleed section...
But we got up at 5.45am for Day 2, and were SO close!!!! (Don't worry, we went and got coffee beforehand..)
It was such an amazing weekend. A roller coaster of emotions, and I couldn't have asked for a better person to spend it with. I love you Heather!
No comments:
Post a Comment