Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mud Run

I have a ton of updating to do!  Before I do... let me bring you up to speed on my last race: a 5k Mud Run!  This mud run was on a Friday night at 6pm - it was blazin' hot outside.  The course consisted of a few obstacles - going in the James river, jumping over a wall, going up and down numerous stairs, and of course, the mud pit at the end of the race.  My friend Steph ran in the race with me - I really don't know anyone else who is crazy enough to do a mud run in 80+ degree weather.  My friend CJ cheered us on and took pictures.  Check out the photos!

Walking to the start line.

Starting off strong!

The race was intense.  I definitely was not prepared.  Even though it's only a 5k (3.1 miles), running on trails is completely different than running on a track.  Plus, the weather conditions almost made it unbearable!  Steph and I stuck together, which was really cool - especially since I felt like I was in the TV show LOST while running through Belle Isle.  As we approached the mud pit, one of my favorite songs was playing over the loud speaker, and I hear Steph say "I love this song!" and we plunged into the mud.  It was a blast!!

Almost done!

Heading to the mud pit.

Steph and me

I for sure thought this was my friend Sprad

We did it!

There were hoses to rinse off, but Steph and I decided to go into the James for a quick rinse.  Hey, it was my first time in the river, why not!?

In the James River

Me and Steph

Steph, CJ, and me enjoying dinner in the VIP tent

The race was awesome!  I think what I liked most about it was my running buddy.  Steph was awesome, encouraging, and we were able to crack jokes during the run.  I also loved the fact that my friend CJ was there.  She is the best at taking running pictures - plus, I feel like she's a cheerleader for me :)  I love these gals, and was so happy to spend the evening with them!

xo-A

P.S. I haven't ran since this 5k (which was on May 18).





2 comments:

  1. Woooohooo!!! You ladies did great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pics!! Looks like ya'll had so much fun! I've never done a mud run before but hear they are great so I'll have to look into one sometime. By the way.. I'm so excited to hear you tried the eye shadow tip and your neighbor noticed! I love it!! Hope you had a good 4th of July and hope to see you soon!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete