Lately I have been feeling like there are not enough hours in a day. My life has been crazy busy lately -- but I'm not exactly sure with what. This was my first week back at my regional office -- and it was so good to be back. Familiar place, familiar faces... it's awesome :) I'm already a little stressed at work because the jobs I have are on a much larger scale. A lot of our jobs are being audited, so there's a lot of pressure to do everything 100% correct. Even though my job has to get checked and approved before it gets released to construction, if I mess up on something, my name is on the design. Getting audited isn't the end of the world, but it's definitely not a good thing. I had a dentist appointment Monday after work, and sure enough, I had to get a filling -- what am I 12?!?! What can I say, I love my sweets! I had to go back on Thursday to get the filling... and I'm not sure if I was completely numb before the dentist started drilling :-/
I'm still trying to get on my gym kick. I've been trying to go 4 times a week, but have been slipping up. I still manage to make it to my favorite class, which is on Friday nights in Reston: Zumba. The instructor is so inspiring and motivating -- her energy is contagious. She makes the class fun which makes me feel like I'm not working out -- which is a huge plus! After I went to the gym, I hurried home to shower and change. Some friends of mine were going out to McFadden's in DC. I'm not a big fan of McFadden's, but I hadn't been out in a long time -- and haven't seen some of these girls in months. I went to Kristen's place first to meet up with some people -- I offered to drive to the metro because I had to be up CRAZY early Saturday morning. My roommate Amanda came along as well -- it was nice to get out :)
Amanda and I at Kristen's apartment
Leila and Amanda at McFadden's
Amanda and I at McFadden's
I left McFadden's around midnight... took the metro home, got back to Fairfax around 1ish, hit the sack around 1.30 --- had to get up at 5.15 am for volunteer work back in DC. With a few girls in my small group, we volunteered to do this "Clean Up DC Schools" project. This was open up to the public, so not everyone volunteering was related with McLean Bible Church. There were five of us girls that went, and we were assigned to Davis Elementary School. We painted doors, gardened, and disinfected just about everything. It was for a good cause, and felt good to be out there with my small group girls. Of course I was DRAGGING because I had gone out the night before, but it was worth it. When I got home, I slept for the rest of the day.... it was glorious.
Kim, Lauren, Kaitlyn, Me, and June
Representing our small group: Kaitlyn, June, and I
My good friend Stephen set me up with another Frontliner (Erin) in hopes we would become friends. I met Erin at church tonight, and she is AWESOME! She works for National Geographic and has attended McLean for years. Even though I just met her tonight, it was good to meet a fellow Duke and a friend of Stephen's. She seems totally cool, and I can't wait to hang out with her again. She invited me to a mixer at her place, but unfortunately she is having it Labor Day weekend and I will be out of town. But I told her that we will definitely have to hang out another time. :) My cousin Brian also met me at Frontline. As you all know, he is leaving for Europe at the end of the month to play basketball. After church we went to Chili's to grab dinner. It was good talk with him... we both shared about the troubles, heartaches, and joys in our lives. Brian and I have always been close cousins because we are close in age, but we were definitely in different circles in high school. I feel like now that we are both older, college graduates, more mature, and share the same faith that we are 10 times closer than we were in high school. The thing that is awesome with B is even if we don't talk for weeks or months, when we do talk, we pick up right where we left off, and it's like nothing has changed. We're family: I know he's got my back, and I have his. He is such an inspiration to me - he has complete trust in the Lord, and I have always found that very difficult. I always tend to worry about things, but just need to remember to trust completely in the Lord and know that He will work things out. I of course casually mentioned to Brian how I was single and that he should set me up with some of his friends... yeaaaah he didn't really like that. Typical Brian, always protective. :) I love you B and can't wait to visit you in Europe!!! :)
B and I
Funny story... we walked out of Chili's trying to find someone to take our picture. I ask this guy, and as I'm asking the question, I recognize him. It was an old friend from JMU!! NoVa is so big, yet so small :) I'm in training for work Tuesday through Thursday this week in Richmond... it will be nice to get away :) Have a great week everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment