Sunday, August 9, 2009

dont you (forget about me)

Last weekend, I kicked it at my coworkers place (Adam) in Vienna for a bit.  We now work in different offices, so it was great to hang out with him and catch up.  We decided that it was quite a long work week (those 5 day weeks really kill us) and decided to go out.  We went out to Clarendon Grill in Arlington Saturday night.  We took the metro into Clarendon, and of course we ran into JMU people that Adam knew on the metro.  We met up with Adam's girlfriends roommates at the bar, all of which also went to JMU.  It was quite the reunion!  We ended up going to Ri Ra to wrap up the night.  It was a lot of fun! 
Adam and I

One of the girls in my small group is going on a missions trip to Ethiopia.  They set up a philanthropy project with California Pizza Kitchen so that 20% of your bill goes towards Team Ethiopia.  Instead of doing our normal study, we all met up at California Pizza Kitchen for some good grubbin. :)  Unfortunately, 3 of the girls couldn't make it.  But it was still great to see Alyssa before she left for Ethiopia.  I know she really appreciated us being there supporting her team.  Good food for a good cause = awesome!
Colleen, Alex, Carolina, Alyssa, me, and June

Friday night, I had planned on staying in... but of course we all know that I can be persuaded quite easily.  My good friends Joe and Vikram were going to a house party in Alexandria, and I hadn't seen neither one of them in a long time, so I figured, why not?  We went to the house party... there were maybe about 12 people there.  There was one other girl present other than me, and she was dating one of the guys who lived there.  But it was actually really fun!  We played this great drinking game which I had never heard of.... it is hands down my new favorite game!  It is called "Moose".  The rules are difficult to explain via intraweb, but it was hilarious... I laughed so hard while playing!  And I got to meet a bunch of cool new kids.
Vikram and Joe - is it love?

On Saturday I woke up early to go to Jenny and David's.  They were taking Logan and Aiden to the museums in DC and asked if I wanted to join them.  We drove into DC and walked to two museums: the museum of natural history and the air and space museum.  It was such a beautiful day in the city - we couldn't have asked for better weather.  The museums were packed with kids and tourists.  I had a lot of fun wandering around reading random facts.  Even though Logan is so young, I think she had a fun time too - her eyes were so wide when she looked at the animal exhibits.  Of course her favorite part of the day was going to the gift shop and grabbing ice cream at Maggie Moo's after a long day. :)

I quickly went home to change and went to Cara and Phil's house warming party in Falls Church.  It was also a joint celebration... Cara and Casey turned 26!! They were grilling out and had all sorts of delicious snacks to munch on.  We also played Bag-o, aka Cornhole, which was awesome! Unfortunately my team lost (might have been my fault!) but I did make it into the hole once which was really good for me considering how bad I am with anything sports related.  I made brownies for the party which were a big hit.  All of the twins' friends are so nice and welcoming.  Cara and Phil's house is HUGE.  They have done a lot of work to it too - Cara gave me the grand tour, and of course showed me the before and after pictures.  She was so proud (and rightfully so) of all the big improvements.  It is crazy to think they bought house - such a huge investment.  I wish I knew where I wanted to be for the next couple of years so I could buy a house!! 
Cara, me, and Casey

After the house warming party, I met up with my coworker Ashleigh and friend Maribeth at Ned Devines in Herndon.  The main reason we wanted to go out in Herndon was because our favorite 80's band, The Reflex, was playing there.  THEY ROCKED.  I love 80's music - everyone was dancing all crazy, and no one cared.  The crowd was definitely mixed - young people and some oldies.  But boy did they know how to dance!  My friends kept saying I looked like the girl in the band... minus the whole blonde hair thing.  The band was awesome, I had so much fun and can never get enough 80's music!
Maribeth, Ashleigh, and I

One of my favorite parts of the night was when the band played, "La Bamba"... This guy, whose name I believe was Juan, asked if he could twirl me around.  He cleared the dance floor to create a little circle area for us, and literally spun me around.  He was twirling me every which way, taking my hand and leading me where I was supposed to go... I just kept moving my feet.  But it was so much fun, and the crowd definitely enjoyed it.  AND to top it off, he dipped me at the end, just like they do in the movies.  Of course this guy was Hispanic, so he knew how to dance to this song.  All the other guys in the crowd were shocked!  It was so much fun and I couldn't stop laughing because I wasn't sure if my feet could keep up!! It was great to go out and listen to good music with great friends :)

This upcoming week will be my last week in the local office in Fairfax.  I plan to do the least amount of work possible this week... I'll let you know how that goes.  My supervisor in FFX is taking me out to lunch on Wednesday, and one of my coworkers wants to take me out to lunch on Thursday.  I plan to leave early on Friday.  I will be ecstatic to go back to Regional the next week :)  I can't wait to be reunited with my home office!

No comments:

Post a Comment