Friday, January 8, 2010

MB gets hitched!

Maribeth and Kevin tied the knot on Jan 2nd, 2010! It was a great way to start the new year with a wedding - it was a great time to celebrate, and I got to see a bunch of JMU friends I hadn't seen since college. The morning itself was pretty stressful... Where is the garter? Where is Maribeth's wrap? Who can button alllll of the buttons on the back of Maribeth's dress in time for the photographer to take the portraits? When everyone was ready, we all looked fabulous :)
Maribeth getting ready for the day

Maribeth and her Mom - both beautiful redheads

So naturally, everyone was running late. We were supposed to leave Maribeth's house at 1:45 at the latest, since the ceremony started at 2. We definitely didn't leave Maribeth's house until 2:15. Nothin' like keepin the groom waiting, eh?

Walkin down the aisle... how's my pace??

Exchanging vows

Maribeth's parents - her Dad was filming! He says it will be on youtube soon

Just married!

I'm done! I'm done! I'm done!

Did I do ok?

Reunited with my buddy :)

Me, Allison, and Lauren

After the ceremony and seeing everyone in the church, we drove to the reception for "Cocktail Hour"... the best hour ever. Of course we had to get group photos first, but after that everyone had a few drinks and everyone was stress free!
Erin and me

Betsy, Allison, and me

Katie and me

Me, Maribeth, and Allison

Me and Lauren

The reception was a blast - Uncle John twirled me as we walked in - easily the best entrance of all the couples! It was so great to see my best friend Allison - we were on the dance floor the entire night. The open bar was only "open" during certain hours. But of course, me and Allison made friends with Said (pronounced Sayid, not "said"...) who kept bringing us drinks. He thought we were both underage, so he made our drinks exceptionally strong. Once he found out we were 24/25, he had a good, hard laugh. Lots of JMU kids were there, so I started the JMU fight song on the dance floor - and I'm embarrassed to say, I don't even know the entire fight song - but everyone else continued on with the cheer - it was awesome! A few dance offs also took place, but that's to be expected. Everyone had an amazing time at the reception!
Me and Allison

JMU ladies

"I also really enjoy Haikus."

"We'll drink and dance the night away, we'll drink and dance the night away..."

The newlyweds!

Me, Maribeth, and Allison

Congratulations Maribeth and Kevin!

1 comment:

  1. Anna - you look BEAUTIFUL! You are like Joy - in lots of weddings and going to lots of weddings! xoxo

    ReplyDelete