Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 1: Margaritas

I was in a desperate need of a vacation. I drove down to Hilton Head Island with my friends Laura and Emily (whom we all call "Osl") to visit my best friend Allison. We all booked a hotel in Savannah, GA for St. Patrick's Day. I have heard that St. Patrick's Day in Savannah is wild. Just completely insane. All of us were ready to find out if this rumor was true.

And yes, it definitely was.

We all packed our bags the night before, because we wanted to be ready to hit the road. Apparently Osl was drunk when she packed her bags, because she couldn't remember what she packed. All should could remember was she packed a lot of green. She wore green every single day of the vacation... I packed my entire world in my suitcase, yet I kept having to borrow something every day from Allison... We all took a half day off of work on Wednesday and hit the road around noon. The drive was looooong. Luckily, I had some fun girls to keep me entertained! Osl had to take a few conference calls, but Laura and I jammed out to her mix CD's. And in a flash, the wolf pack was in Hilton Head Island. Well, maybe it wasn't a flash - more like 8 hours later.

We met Allison at Giueseppi's for dinner. This place appeared to have everything Italian. First thing we ordered? Drinks. Margaritas to be specific. It was a long drive, and we wanted to celebrate the four of us being together and being in Hilton Head.

How do we all know each other?
Laura and Allison grew up going to youth group together.
I met Allison at JMU.
Laura met Osl through a mutual friend.
Allison introduced me to Laura when I moved to RVA.
Me, Laura, and Osl were all in the same women's small group.
Allison and Osl met at Giuseppi's.

Mmm! Margaritas :)

Laura and Allison

Me and Osl

Laura, Allison, and me

We all got a large pizza, which was surprisingly not good. I find it difficult to mess up pizza, but the cheese was very difficult to chew/swallow. But we were all starving - or maybe we were tipsy from the margaritas - either way, we crushed the whole thing.

We all tried to go to bed early so we could get up early and brace Savannah. I was too excited to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment