Rise and shine - it's St. Patrick's Day! We all woke up early - it felt like Christmas morning. We even ate our breakfast smiling. We put on our green, and were ready for Savannah! We had buttons, beads, headbands, and fake tattoos. We were definitely prepared.
Me, Laura, Osl, and Allison
Getting the tatts ready!
The drive from Hilton Head to Savannah is about 40 minutes - we were jamming out the entire drive. We found awesome parking right near our hotel. You'll never guess who saw as we walked out of the parking deck... Justin Bieber!! That's right, every teen girls dream. We threw some beads on him, got a quick photo, and left him for the teens who actually have Bieber Fever.
Allison, Bieber, and me
Allison and I were star-struck after seeing Bieber. We walked into the closest bar in a daze. That, or we saw the sign for $2.50 screw drivers. Let the day drinking begin...
Laura
Allison
Me and Allison
Me, Laura, and Allison
If anyone has seen the classic movie The Hangover, you will appreciate this. If not, feel free to skip down to the next paragraph. Before Laura, Osl, and I drove to SC, we all prayed - for our safety, for our conversation, and our overall trip to SC/GA. Laura closed us in prayer, and said something along the lines of how she first met Allison, and how they grew by one more, and now there are four of us - this sounds like the wolf pack speech from The Hangover, which pretty much was the theme of this vacation.
The wolf pack - tatts and drinks on a lovely Thursday morning
You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack... it grew by one. So there... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone first in the pack, and then Doug joined in later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack. Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!
Party like a champion today!
Laura and me
Allison - always on her phone!
Laura
Me and Laura
Osl
After a few screw drivers and watching the St. Patrick's Day parade (which, by the way, had horrible floats), we were all hungry and decided to grab lunch. We walked down to River Street which is known for restaurants, candy shops, and bars, and stumbled upon The Warehouse. We see frozen margaritas, but more in a slush form. We bought our drinks with green mugs, and continued to walk down River Street to find lunch. We found this awesome place and all got delicious wraps.
Laura
Me
Laura and Allison
Allison
A little siesta
But still wanting to fiesta!
After we refueled with lunch, we had this newfound energy. We loaded up with more drinks, and walked around some more. We found a Verizon booth that was allowing people to sing kareoke - which was hilarious considering more than half of them had been drinking. Laura got up there with some girls to sing "Baby Got Back". Laura knew every word!!! It was truly impressive.





Laura singing
Allison
Laura
Me, Laura, and Allison
Laura, Osl, and me... I feel like I'm not a part of this photo.
Laura, Osl, and Allison on River Street
Osl, Laura, and me
Allison
Allison, me, and Laura
Osl, Laura, and me
Best friends :)
I'll tell ya, day drinking is hard work. With the temperature being so high... it really takes a lot out of you. Allison and I went back to the hotel to take a power nap while Laura and Osl explored Savannah. Our power nap turned into a two hour nap!!! We woke up and met Laura and Osl at Jimmy John's for dinner. It's a chain, but we were all craving it. Laura's cousin, Whitman, was also in Savannah with some friends - so we met up with them which was super fun.
Savannah!!
A band playing on a balcony in Savannah
Allison and me
Walking down the streets of Savannah
Laura
Allison
Me
Walking to Whitman's hotel
Hotel party! Woooop!
We went back to the hotel after hanging out at Whitman's. We were all ready to leave and do something different. Laura and Osl were exhausted, so they went to bed. But Allison and I were still in rare form, so we wanted to go out dancing. We headed back out to market square, and found a bar to dance in. We had a lot of fun - sure we were dancing in our t-shirts, long jeans, and tenna pumps - everyone else was in dresses/going out clothes - but we were having a blast. It was a lot of fun to really just break it down. We knew we wouldn't see any of those people again. Allison showed me some new dance moves - I can't wait to bust them out here in Richmond!! We got back to the hotel, finagled free breakfast vouchers and free, warm chocolate chip cookies, still giddy from the whole night. We eventually went to bed... after listening to some Bieber of course.
We woke up the next morning starving for breakfast. Laura brought breakfast up from the lobby for all of us. Laura is so crafty, and managed to make a cereal bowl out of the box.
Laura
We all had an amazing St. Patrick's Day. For those of you that haven't experienced it, I would highly recommend it. There were all sorts of interesting characters - heck, maybe me and my friends were some of them. But we all loved it. We drove back to Hilton Head laughing about all the fun we had.
One quote made by Laura really sums our St. Patrick's Day:
"I don't even remember this day!" ~Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment