Ok, I'm glad everyone survived the quake. But what happened to me this morning grabbed my attention far more than the quake. Don't get me wrong - the quake was super intense, and I was scared. Fight or flight? I froze to my chair and didn't move. It's amazing that I have survived 25 years on this Earth. But what I witnessed this morning had me giggling for the remainder of today.
I am on a team of three at work. We have been called the 3 Musketeers, the 3 Marketeers, and Charlie's Angels. We're always together, unless they "forget" to invite me to meetings. No big deal. But really, the three of us have completely different personalities, yet we somehow manage to get along really well and get the job done. One of the marketeers is out on vacay this week, so I met with bosslady one-on-one. Keep in mind, my boss is a very classy lady. She's in her early 50's, a mom of three, and really pretty (tall, thin, blonde hair, blue eyes... you catch my drift). She has great fashion sense, and also a great sense of humor. As she sits down, I see something small on her nose. Is it a dust bunny? Fluff? Caked on make up in the crease of her nose? Pimple? Glitter? What is this mess?
It's a nose ring. I kid you not people, my boss has a nose ring. I had to do a double-take because I couldn't quite be sure at first. She noticed my second glance, and smiled. I immediately broke out into a huge smile and laughter because I was so shocked. I didn't even see this coming.
She smiled and said, "What?"
I replied (with a huge smile as well), "Nothing."
"Are you sure?"
"I'm not saying anything if you're not saying anything"
"It's not a stick-on."
"Oh, ok. I wasn't sure if it was..."
"Glitter? No, it goes all the way through."
"Ok."
I pretty much just laughed and smiled at my boss the whole meeting. Not that I can't take her seriously, because she kicks butt at her job, but it's just so weird. It was really unexpected too. So as we continued on with business as usual, sometimes I would just look at her and bust out laughing. (Fyi, I'm never going to get promoted.) She would then laugh too. My boss is actually really cool though. Not "cool" like trying to be twenty years younger (although I guess that is now debatable), but she's really easy to talk to. I even had the guts to ask her how she thought I would perform on an interview if I had a nose ring. (No really, I'm never getting promoted at this point. In fact, I might get fired.) Who would have thought that a woman in a management position at an uber conservative company would get their nose pierced??
What happened in your day that was exciting folks?
xo-A
No comments:
Post a Comment