As I paced back and forth outside Uncle Dan's garage, I kept looking at my watch wondering where my crew was. It was five til nine, and Alex, Andrew, and Will had graciously volunteered to help me move at 9am. For those of you that know me well, I am a stickler for punctuality. Sure, I've been known to be notoriously late, but I made an honest effort to be more conscious of time when I bought a watch. And there they were, ready to help, right at 9am on the dot. Not only were they there and awake, but they somehow managed to bring two suckers with them to help me move!! And I'm embarrassed to say, I didn't know who they were, which was actually pretty amazing - who really wants to help someone that they don't know move in blazin' hot weather?? (Thank you Ben and Justin!!) Well I am here to tell you, these people are no longer strangers to me - they are my brothers in Christ.
With five guys and Uncle Dan loading the truck, along with me and Aunt Paula supervising, we were done in no time. We all followed each other to my new place, and then Jon and his wife Amanda showed up to help too. Then Katie, my coworker, also showed up. I had 8 friends helping me move people! How awesome is that?! Uncle Dan's truck was unloaded in seconds, and the U-Haul that my Mom brought was also unloaded quickly. It is truly amazing how fast and smooth everything went. Praise God for good weather. Praise God for my friends who helped me move. Praise God for my awesome family for also helping me move! I was feelin' the love the Lord on that hot, sweltering day. I couldn't have asked for a better moving day!!!
Moving Day!!
Andrew, Alex, Justin, Ben, Will, Jon, Amanda, Me, and Katie
Andrew, Alex, Justin, Ben, Will, Jon, Amanda, Me, and Katie
I have now been in my house for a little over a week and have already learned so much. I have learned about my washer and dryer, my electric water heater, bugs, ivy, and the like. There's no doubt in my mind this will be a huge learning experience. The great part is knowing that I am not alone.
"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
5112 - Love it or leave it
I can't wait until I get my JMU flag! Now I can officially send out Christmas cards this year... watch out people, cause I'm a home owner!
Many thanks and many blessings,
A

No comments:
Post a Comment