Monday, September 5, 2011

i love a good wedding.

I have to take a moment to do a little PR.  Not sure if many of you know this, but I have a part time job on the side.  I set people up - as in happily ever after.  I am in the process of creating a website, roxymatches.com.  


When I first moved to NoVa, I crashed at my cousin's Joey's place for a bit... ok, six months.  But over the course of six months, a lot happened.  (Insert my testimony here).


Colleen is smart, beautiful, and a God-honoring woman.  Not only was Colleen my small group leader, she also counseled me one-on-one.  Whenever I had stresses, fears, or concerns, I would always go to Joey with my problems (we did live in the same house...).  After I listened to Joey's response (which I rarely liked), I would then head straight to Colleen.  Sure enough, their responses were exactly the same.  So much the same that I questioned both of them on whether or not they were talking to each other about me.  I wanted them to date so badly - they were so perfect for each other!


I gave Joey a few hints here and there (even though I was advised by Colleen to do no such thing), and then Joey finally asked Colleen out on a date.  And as they say it, the rest is history...


They said their vows in front of family, friends, and God on September 2nd at Bluemont Vineyard.  The ceremony was beautiful and really represented who they are.  I feel like wedding ceremony's are so short these days - if you're running ten minutes late, you might miss the whole thing!  I love how Joey and Colleen really took time in theirs: time to say what they liked about each other, time to take communion, time for their pastor to give a sermon, time for reflection, and time to say their vows.  Sometimes I think it is so easy for us to get wrapped up in the whole big production of a wedding, and we often forget what is truly important.  


Witnessing Joey and Colleen's wedding was so inspiring and encouraging for me.  I am so honored that I was able to be a part of it!  I was one of the Scripture readers, and I read a portion of one of my favorite Bible verses (John 15) - check it out, it's awesome.  It's pretty cool how God used me to bring Joey and Colleen together.  I can't wait to see what their future holds! **Joey, did you set up my guest room yet?! 



Colleen, Joey, and me


Aunt Sherry and Gran'pa


John


Family - Dan, me, John, Judi, and Rick


Rick, me, and Dan


Me and Kaitlyn


Rick and Wes


Me and Dan with staches!


Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.   - Habakkuk 3:17


Congrats Joey and Colleen!  I love you both and can't wait to visit you in your home as married couple!


xo,
Anna


1 comment:

  1. This is such an adorable story, Anna! :) Also, let me know when that website is up and running as I would like to utilize your matchmaking services! j/k! :P

    ReplyDelete