I want to hold your hand.
Believe me when I tell you, I'll never do you no harm.
It won't be long 'til I belong to you.
Remember I'll always be true.
I want all the world to see we've met.
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders.
I get by with a little help from my friends.
One and one and one is three.
All you need is love.
My Dad and brothers drove up to Richmond yesterday to see RAIN, the Beatles tribute band, at the Carpenter Theatre. My Dad is a huge Beatles fan, always has been since the day I can remember. I remember listening to them growing up, dancing around the den, knowing all the words to the songs, and simply enjoying the music. My Dad told me this tribute band was coming to Richmond, and I immediately told him I wanted to go. Who wouldn't want to see the best of the Beatles?!
This Broadway show was amazing. If you are debating seeing RAIN, definitely go see it. Not only was the performance outstanding, but I loved seeing all the older couples relive the "good 'ole days". It was very heart warming and hilarious at the same time. And you make the show what you want of it. That's right - I was throwin' out peace signs left and right. I have to admit, I'm not surprised at all how popular the Beatles were/are. They were strapping young fellows, had cute British accents, and oh the lyrics... just amazing! If there was a young, British guy wearing a skinny tie with his suit, playing guitar, yeah... I'd be swooning, for sure. Without a doubt.
Dan, me, and Rick before the show
The Carpenter Theatre
After the show, we went out to grab a bite to eat. I love hanging out with my family - they're always making me laugh. For example, my family couldn't help but notice that I keep my heat on at 65 degrees - they seemed shocked. I asked if that was cold. My Dad said it's perfect for polar bears, while Dan added that it's great if you want to see your breath.
Me and Dad at dinner
Dan and Rick
Really? Food in your mouth? Knife?? I can't take you guys anywhere...
We all had a great Saturday. Great show, great music, great company. What is your favorite Beatles song people?
Mine is Ticket to Ride.
xo,
A

Let it be is my favorite (I know its sad, but there is just so much passion behind it)
ReplyDelete