Sunday, April 22, 2012

Introducing Mrs. Allison Suddeth!

It's official folks, Allison Adams is now officially Mrs. Allison Suddeth!  Jason must be one heck of guy to make Allison move from an "A" all the way down to an "S".  I mean, that stuff matters!  I've know Allison for seven years, and it's amazing to see who she was back as a sophomore at JMU and now as a married woman.  Laura and I were both bridesmaids, so we left Richmond on Wednesday afternoon to make the drive down to Hilton Head Island.  We had a big day planned for Thursday, but Friday was THE day.  Allison and I woke up early Thursday morning to go for a run - this was the first time we had ever gone running together, and it was so cool because we have very similar running styles and we run at the same pace.  It was perfect running weather, too.  I loved having that time alone with her. :)

Two of the other bridesmaids arrived later that day.  One of the things I love about Allison is she is always more than willing to connect you with her friends.  All of her friends have said to me, "Oh you're a friend of Allison's?  Then you're a friend of mine!"  There was definitely a strong bond between all of Allison's bridesmaids.  
Allison, Nicole, Laura, Emily, and me 

The rehearsal dinner was amazing.  They had a slideshow containing pictures of Allison and Jason growing up.  I of course loved seeing pictures of Allison from when she was younger.  But the weird thing is (and I can't believe I'm about to write this out for everyone to read), I got so teary eyed seeing the pictures of Jason growing up.  I know, weird, right?  But as I was looking at the pictures, I just kept thinking, this young boy with a funny haircut was always going to be the guy for Allison.  (The slideshow joked on Jason's haircut when he was in elementary school).  It was just really cool to see pictures of Jason growing up and knowing that this was the guy we had been praying for all this time.
Jason and Allison at rehearsal dinner 

Me and Laura

Emily, me, and Laura

Since all of Allison's bridesmaids were from out of town, we had the bachelorette party that night.  We went to a local bar where these guys were playing - one of Allison's favorite local bands.  We danced and had a great time.  We made sure the bride-to-be was home before midnight.  Come on, she had a big day the next morning... we didn't want her to have bags under her eyes! 
The bride-to-be! 

Nicole, me, Charity, and Carrie 

Allison

Allison said she slept great the night before she got married.  I can't even imagine.  We all "slept in" which for us wasn't that late.  We were ready to start the day of pampering and relaxation.  We had a delicious brunch, and before we knew it, we were getting our hair and make up done. 
Laura and me 

Allison gave us all hangers - how cute is that?! 

The bridesmaid flowers 

Allison's bouquet! 

There's so much love in this picture

Before we knew it, it was 3pm and time to head to the church.  Getting ready was so stress free - there was nothing to worry about; everything went according to plan. 
Nicole and me 

Me and Emily 

Alisa (Allison's mom) and me 

Allison! 

Laura spilled lotion on her dress, so we told everyone she was lactating
(even though she doesn't have a baby) 

There she is, Miss America! 

On the way to the wedding!

The ceremony was so great.   It was so cool to see Allison say her vows.  I thought to myself, "Wow - she's mature; she's a grown woman.  This is it."  And I loved it.

I of course loved the reception as we all know I love to dance.  
Me and LD

Father / Daughter dance 

Melissa, me, and Kevin 

Me and Jeff 

Me and Laura 

Me, Ryan, Laura, and Terry (Ryan's mom) 

 Breakin' it down!

S-o-l-o 

Alisa and Allison 

Mr. and Mrs. Suddeth! 

And they're off! 

CONGRATS!!
Nicole, Emily, me, and Laura

The wedding was fantastic.  I had a wonderful time, as I'm sure everyone did.  They even had a photo booth which was awesome.  It's crazy that my best friend is married.  It's weird because I always considered me and Allison a pair - two peas in a pod.  And now we are three.  I mean, I guess Jason is in our group now ;)

I love you Allison.  Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your special day!  I'm honored that I was a part of it - I had my fro face on the whole time!!!

Joyfully,
Roxana

1 comment: