Maribeth, me, Lauren, Cat, Christine, and Holly
Saturday night, I went out to Gin and Tonic's with a bunch of friends from college. This place was pretty cool, and laid back. Every girl there was wearing sundresses and flip flops -- not the usual DC place where everyone wears heels and party shirts. They played a wide variety of music - some of my personal favorites included: Come on Eileen, Africa, and Shout! (kick your heels up!) I have noticed though that every place is playing a lot of MJ music... which is great, but I'm over it. Let's move on.
On Sunday night, I went to the 311 concert with my old roommate Dan and my friend Lauren. (Lauren went all out this weekend for her birthday!) We met at Alan's house in Arlington to cookout before the concert. Alan got a party bus because a ton of his friends were going to the concert, and this way people don't have to worry about drinking and driving. I had never been on a party bus... I guess the appeal is that it's a bus where a bunch of kids can drink on it. At the cookout, I see someone that looks familiar, but can't be sure if it is him.. low and behold, it's Jason Miller. How random is that?! I went up to him and chatted with him, it so great seeing a familiar face. I had no idea that we were both going on the same party bus. We tailgated at the concert, and THEN low and behold there is Great Bridge High School! All these guys were seniors when I was a freshman, so I didn't know them very well. But they knew my name because of my older brothers.
Great Bridge High School Reunion!
Me, Dan, and Lauren
Everyone had a great time at the concert... my ears were definitely ringing when I went to bed that night! I love live music, and just being out on the lawn with all the "free spirits" was very relaxing. It was a great time!
Today I went and saw The Proposal starring Sandra Bullock and Chris Reynolds. I went with two of my small group girls Alex and Kaitlyn. The movie was super cute - your standard chick flick. Worth $8.50? No, definitely a rental. It was good to see a mindless movie. Cute, but not edifying. Just what I needed for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment