Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cupid's Undie Run 2011

This past weekend Leila and I participated in the second annual Cupid's Undie Run in DC. We ran in this race last year, and knew immediately we wanted to do it again. We managed to recruit Amanda and Nick to run in the race with us this year - our group is growing! That's right - this is the second time I ran around the Capitol in my underroos. Ok, so I wore short shorts and a tank top. Next year I am going to be more brave - underroos and bra only. DONE.

The run was hosted by the Pour House, the same bar that hosted it last year. It was drastically more organized which made the day go by really smooth. All race entries and donations went to benefit the Children's Tumor Foundation: Ending Neurofibromatosis Through Research. So we get to legally run around the Capitol in our Valentine's Day themed underroos AND it's for a good cause! Sounds like a win-win to me :) The temperature was in the 50's... last year it was in the 20's with snow on the ground. The race was only 1.1 mile, but it didn't feel long at all because it was good running weather. This year we ran on closed roads, so we didn't have to dodge the cars. But let me tell you, the tourists loved it!!!
Amanda and me at Pour House

Me and Leila... the two who started this tradition :)

Me, Nick, and Leila

People are already in their undies drinking beer

Group shot!

Amanda's Team: Love Drunk!

Amanda and me

Leila, Nick, and me in front of the Capitol!

Hey, we did it for the kids - let's just hope they weren't watching!! I hope everyone feels loved this Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment