Sunday, June 19, 2011

happy father's day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!




There is something very special and unique about a father/daughter relationship.  I haven't quite put my finger on it, but I know it's there.  I can feel it.  Even though I have seen the movie "Father of the Bride" a thousand times, it makes me cry every single time.  I don't know what it is.  Maybe it's how Steve Martin loved his daughter first, and then hands her off to another man.  His jealousy is actually really sweet.  Or perhaps it's when they play basketball together the night before she gets married.  It might just be when she calls her Dad from a pay phone at the airport at the end... "I couldn't leave without saying goodbye."  Now that ladies and gents is a classic movie.




Below are the lyrics to Martina McBride's song "In My Daughter's Eyes".  This is a beautiful song, and I want to dedicate it to my Dad and to Juan.  Thank you both for all your love and support over the years!




In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes



In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the
world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me
strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes


And when she wraps her hand
around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about


It's hangin' on when your heart
has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes


In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy
she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes
 






Me and Dad





Juan and me




I also want to give a special shout out to my Uncle Dan.  I recently learned my middle name "Dee" comes both sides of the family (Demeter and Johnson).  My Uncle Dan's middle name is also Dee.  That's pretty awesome :)  Happy Father's Day Uncle Dan!  Thanks for housing me, feeding me, looking at houses with me, and dropping me off at Merchant's when I had my flat tire.  




Give your dads a call, people!  Wish 'em a Happy Father's day, and express how much you love them :)




Xo,


A


No comments:

Post a Comment