Saturday, June 18, 2011

industrial revolution II

I love a good dp (dance party).  This we all know.  A dance party with glow sticks?!  Count me in!  Last summer was the first annual Industrial Revolution dance party.  Being that I had just moved to Richmond last summer and didn't really know anyone, I missed out - big time.  But this year... I was well informed and mentally prepared.  My friend Rob along with two of his buddies put together the cities best dance party: Industrial Revolution II.  




The details: $3 cover charge, BYOB, in a warehouse (dancing around pods), free glow sticks, DJ, and flashing lights.  Oh, and approximately 500 of your closest friends.  The cool part about it was that this event was not advertised on social media sites - simply word of mouth.  About 70% of the people there were made up of the Christian community in Richmond too which is pretty sweet.  I was surprised at how many people I knew there from different churches.  The $3 cover charge went towards the cost of renting out the warehouse and the DJ - whatever money was leftover got donated to charity.  




It was extremely hot; everyone got sweaty.  But it was totally worth it!  They played all the latest songs and everyone went crazy dancing.  I have been a little out practice and in need of some new dance moves...  (Laura, we need to hit up the deets soon!!)  This was hands down the coolest thing I've attended in Richmond so far!    



 Me, Laura, Patricia, and Osl



The DJ 



Me with my glow sticks!



I am already looking forward to this dance party next year!!!  It was quite humorous seeing who actually made it to church the next morning... :)





Xo,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment