I jumped out of a plane recently. Man, what a rush.
Leila getting suited up!
Nick wore his very own jumpsuit!
The plane - teeny tiny
Here are the details - rapid fire, let's go!
How many times did I have to sign my life away? Almost as many times as when I bought my house.
How many tries did it take to get the plane to start? One (phew!) How high up were we? 5,000 ft
How fast did we free fall? 125 mph
Was I scared? Not really.
Did I s my p's? No.
Did I plan out my funeral? Maybe.
Why did I do it? I had a coupon.
Would I do it again? Potentially. But I'd rather do something else next time, like white water rafting.
Ok, I know what you're thinking... discount skydiving?? But I'm telling you, I don't know if I would have paid for it full price. (I've been told I'm so tight, I squeak.) I never thought that since it was cheaper than usual that it wasn't safe... it's tandem, so I don't think that person would risk their life. I went with Nick and Leila, so I wasn't the only crazy one :) I paid for the DVD too, which was expensive considering it's only five minutes long. But hey, if I ever have kids, I now have proof that I did something totally cool. We all survived the jump, and were on a huge high afterwards. Then we got stuck in NoVa traffic and the high wore off quickly after that...
Stepping out of my harness.
We survived!
Nick, me, and Leila
We did it!
So... what's next on the list of fun things to do?! Wait and see... :)
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." - Philippians 1:21
xo,
A
No comments:
Post a Comment