Wednesday, September 30, 2009

we were living dreams

Last Friday, my good friend Joe was in town from New York. Whenever he is home, he always wants to go to his favorite bar in Old Town, Murphy's. I personally am not a fan of Murphy's - it is quite possibly the smokiest bar I have ever been to. But it is an Irish pub, and 9 out 0f 10 people there are smashed and singing loudly which is pretty standard. I went out with one of my small group girls, Alyssa, which was really cool because I had never hung out with her outside of the group. It was good to get to know her one-on-one. We definitely have a lot in common which is nice to know, and I'm sure I'll be hanging out with her again. Joe was feeling pretty good when me and Alyssa got there - of course he was sitting with all of his friends who were at the loudest table in the bar. Sitting next to our table, was the 2nd loudest table. And low and behold, there is my coworker Jordan, hammered. It was so crazy! And on top of that, I ran into a guy I met on the retreat! So I chatted with him for a bit as well. Murphy's... there's no place like home!
Alyssa and I

Alyssa, me, and Joe

Jordan and me

Saturday night was Amanda's Bachelorette party. I was really nervous about going because I knew I wouldn't know anybody -- but I figured this would be good research for the Bachelorette party that I have to help throw for my friends Maribeth. There was a total of 8 girls, including Amanda. I had a blast! These girls are so awesome, and it was neat to see who Amanda hung out with in college (she went to Tech...). Three of the girls were local, so we all exchanged phone numbers so we can go out together more often. We started the party at Amanda's house with appetizers and champagne. We played various inappropriate games which were, of course, trashy but classy! Every girl bought Amanda a pair of underwear representing their personality, and Amanda had to guess who bought it --- of course she got mine right! I can never fool anyone these days... We headed out to dinner at Panache and ate tappas... delicious! We all received one free martini and three free shooters - a great way to celebrate the bride-to-be! After dinner, we went to Fly Lounge for some dancing. At this lounge, we all received one free mixed drink. The girls from Chesapeake weren't feeling this Northern Va vibe, and wanted to switch bars, so we then moved to Public Bar which was extremely casual but still crowded and fun. I know Amanda had a blast and really appreciated her friends being there. And she looked gorgeous as always!!
Me and Amanda with the underoos I bought her :)

I can't wait for her wedding in October - it's going to be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment