Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bye Bye Park Ave!

Many of you know about my previous living situation on Park Ave in the Fan. The apartment itself was in an awesome location - walking distance to Robinson Street and Main Street bars, as well as Strawberry Street Cafe and Market. I definitely took advantage of being able to walk to various places... especially the Starbuck's that was only four blocks away! This historic rowhouse was fabulous - with the street name "Park Ave" it just had to be!
The den / living area


My bedroom!

Although the apartment was gorgeous, the roommates were not. Call me crazy, but I am getting too old to be putting up with stupid crap. I felt I had been dealing with ridiculous issues since month two... and it was month six, and I just knew I couldn't put up with it for six more months. I informed my roommates I was finding someone to take over my lease - we actually got into quite the argument about it, which was odd because I knew they didn't like me either... Either way, I was done with it. In short, I had every reason to want to move out.

Not paying rent/losing check
Not paying bills/overcharging roommates
Not locking the door (safety concerns)
Random people coming into my room at night (more safety concerns/roommate respect)
Sex on the couch (there are no words)

Special thanks to Amanda Carter (my old roommate in Fairfax) for her words of wisdom and encouragement!!!

Luckily, the two girls found a fellow UofR Law student to take over my lease. (Don't even get me started on my impression of UofR Law students...) I was bursting at the seams with joy. My prayer request every week at small group had been "my living situation". After the weekend when I got woken up both Friday night and Saturday night, I went to small group that Monday ready to be more specific with my prayer requests. And man, what an answered prayer!!! Praises!! I even made a paper chain at work to count down the days until I moved out - I could barely contain my excitement! :)
T-minus 5 days!

I had the last day marked as "Moving out!!!!!!! :)"

Katie tearing the second to last link!!!

I'M MOVING OUT!!!


So where does that leave me you ask? Back in Goochland. The Gooch. I must admit, I like living with Uncle Dan and Aunt Paula - especially when Uncle Dan spills his red wine all over his khaki pants... :)

Love, peace, and I'M OUTTA MY LEASE!!!

1 comment:

  1. hey now. "don't even get me started on my impression of UR Law students" - I have NEVER had sex on your couch. I believe M&M and I counter the roomies. THEREFORE you should have a neutral or positive impression.


    just sayin'

    ReplyDelete